Hubs has been making this SUPER easy salad as long as I’ve known him. About two years into our relationship, he finally tells me that my father-in-law created it! Let’s give credit where credit is due. Our Family Salad is a perfect add to any meal–and we eat it at least four times a week!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 large handfuls organic, pre-washed mixed greens
- 2 serious shakes of Parmesan cheese
- 1 generous pour of olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- Optional: squeeze of juice from one lemon wedge
- Two big shakes of red pepper flakes
- Put greens in a medium bowl.
- Add spices and–if you’re using it, lemon juice–then top with oil.
- Toss and serve immediately.
Tip: Grill a skewer of marinaded shrimp or a salmon fillet and serve on top.